Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vintage Candle Holder Re-Newed

A few weeks ago I was browsing through my local thrift store when I came across an old mirror. All the different ideas on what I could do with it were running through my mind but decided against buying it. It would have been nice if there were a pair of them.

Well, as I was standing in line to pay, it kept calling my name. "Sarah, come on Sarah, take me home". So I did.

Before

Doesn't it remind you of something you would have seen in your grandma's house years and years ago.

The first thing I did was tape the mirror off. I didn't want to get any of the spray paint on the mirror.

all taped up


 Next it was time to spray paint.  I did 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of gloss white.

Don't forget to spray paint your lawn so when people ask what happened you then have a reason to show your project!

After the paint was dry (well actually it sat for a few weeks, until I got around to it again) I glued a small candle holder onto the newly painted candle holder. I first tried my hot glue gun, but that didn't work. So I got out my Amazing Goop!! This is the best glue ever (well it's worked for any test I've put it through). This is what I used to get my Garden Markers to stay on the sticks.

I hung my Re-Newed Candle Holder in my dining room. This is how it turned out.



After

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a comment below.

Thanks for reading!!



I'm linking up to these awesome parties! Check em' out!





DIY under $5


8 comments:

  1. you are amazing as always. - Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful redo...you may add some words on the mirror too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white is like a breathe of fresh air for that candle holder. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks meijo - adding words to the mirror is a great idea. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! Great job! I have seen these at flee markets that I could pick up for little and with a little paint they could be renewed! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white was a perfect choice! I love the new and improved candle holder! I've featured your project on this week's Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!

    http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/07/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The candle holder with the writing I think really makes it for you. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute!! I love the detailing of the mirror!!

    Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete