Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ireland - The Rest of the Days!

This will be my last post about our vacation to Ireland.  I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get it all up here.  I have posted about all the big things we did while we were there but there are still some things we did that haven't been mentioned, like dinner at Terry and Michelle's, the water park, shopping trips, etc but unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. Here are some of the outings that I did get pictures of.


Aoife and I went shopping one day. Well Dan came too, but he took off on his own. I guess he didn't want to spend the whole day looking at clothes. 

In Ireland they have this awesome store called Penney's. It is so great. Super cheap clothes and super cute too. Look what we found there.  Only 3 euros!!

Twins!!

 I snapped this next shot out the window of the car while we were out and about.  I didn't see the pot of gold or a leprechaun..go figure!


One night a few of the adults went out for dinner at a great French restaurant, then we went to O'Neills for a pint of Paul's beer. Unfortunately they were all sold out. While we were there Auntie Dierdre asked the band to play a song for Dan and I for our anniversary.  It was "You say it best when you say nothing at all by Allison Krauss and Union Station.  It was great. We were on the dance floor all by ourselves. :) 

After the pub, Dan and I took off on our own to go a few pubs.  If you ever make it to Dublin you have to check out the Temple Bar.  So great. They had a live band in there that had everyone up on their feet. The place was packed! A must see of Dublin.

Me in front of Temple Bar!

I can't remember the name of this street, but it's the street that Temple Bar is on

Temple Bar at night
Con and Dymphna had us over for dinner one night and Auntie Dymphna had a special treat for the kids.  She had to take them to the park to feed the ducks. Now, I have never seen ducks so eager to be fed in my life. There were tons, and they came from all around the pond to be fed. There were two swans too!! Check it out!


The ducks and swans on their way over to be fed
And of course, one of the things we had to do was take the kids to a pub for lunch.  Kids are allowed in until a certain hour, then it's adults only.  The kids had sausages and chips (fries).






Lastly, I just want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who made our vacation one we will always remember. Thank you to Auntie Dierdre and Paddy for allowing us invade their home, and making us feel so welcome. Thank you to all of the cousins and aunts and uncles for taking time for us, making us feel like family and taking us to take us to the greatest places in Ireland.   Last of all I want to thank my mother in law, Anne. She is such a wonderful lady, with a heart of gold. Our trip would not have been possible without her. And thank you for reading about it.


~  I can't wait to do it again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment