Sunday, June 26, 2011

Things I've learned....Getting rid of ants

I've decided that when I come across something I think is brilliant and I think you should know, I'm going to share it with you. So, I welcome you to the first installment of....


Ok, so I don't know about you, but in my front yard we have a crazy problem with ants. These little buggers are creating ant hill after ant hill and I can't  couldn't get rid of them. I've tried everything....

  • foaming Raid
  • dish soap
  • borax
  • liquid ant killer stuff
  • cinnamon

I can't remember them all, there's been so many.  You'd think with all the rain we've been getting the little buggers would die. Nope.


So the other day my friend was over and I was telling her about my problem and she suggest something I hadn't heard before. I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. I actually had some inside. I ran inside immediately and sprinkled a fair amount over each of the hills.

Here's one of the 9 ant hills I have on my front yard sprinkled with the secret ingredient.

I had completely forgotten that I put this on the ant hills until I was cutting the grass today.  I bent down to check it out and - the ants are gone!!! THE ANTS ARE GONE!! Yahooo!!


Are you curious? Want to know my my friends secret ant killer........




 Cream of Wheat

Yeah, Cream of Wheat. How awesome is that. It's safe, natural, and it actually works!!  Now I just have to find a way to remove the ant hills themselves.

Thanks Tara for the great tip!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're welcome. A good ol' Mennonite tip.

    ReplyDelete